October 10, 2013
- For customers with an Alexa Pro Insight or Advanced subscription: Traffic Sources (Search, Social, Link, Direct) are now available in Site Comparisons.
September 17, 2013
- For customers with an Alexa Pro Insight or Advanced subscription: Lists of downstream sites are now available in the “Where do visitors go next?” section of the “Site Overview” page.
- For Pro customers with certified metrics: The top entry pages and top visited pages for your website are now available in your private Site Metrics Overview.
July 15, 2013
Alexa completed an update of its global traffic panel, the sample of all Internet users upon which our traffic estimates are based. As a result of this change, some websites may have seen unexpected rises or falls in their traffic data or other Alexa metrics. Alexa is committed to providing our partners and customers with the most accurate and reliable traffic information possible and occasional data variations may occur in our pursuit of that commitment.
Note: Traffic panel updates do not affect any directly-measured data, including Certified ranks, daily unique visitors, etc.
June 26, 2013
- We have updated the internet averages which are shown on the engagement graphs available to Pro subscribers with certified metrics.
March 21, 2013
- Detailed mobile metrics breakdowns are now available for site’s with certified metrics.
- Full subdomain lists are now available for site’s with certified metrics.
- Global Rank History graphs are now available in Site Comparisons.
Dec 14, 2012 - For sites with certified metrics:
- Mobile metrics are now available
- The breakdown of traffic sources by visits (search, social and other) has been replaced by a breakdown of incoming traffic by referral type (search, link, social, and direct).
Aug 30, 2012 – Bing Search Preview pageviews are now recognized as being crawler traffic and are no longer counted as pageviews from real people in a site’s certified site metrics. Impact: Some sites may have seen a drop in their certified visitors, visits and pageviews metrics as a result of this change.
July 19, 2012 - Alexa Pro subscribers whose site’s metrics are certified can choose to have their Alexa Traffic Rank based on certified metrics that are directly measured from their website instead of estimated panel-based metrics. Impact: More accurate Alexa Rank for those site owners who choose to base their rank on certified metrics.
June 25, 2012 – Some new forms of google search traffic and new regional search engines (eniro.se, kvasir.no, mynet.com, ozu.es, voila.fr, virgilio.it, wp.pl, yam.com) are now recognized as part of the ‘Percent of visits that came from a Search Engine’. Impact: Some sites may have seen an increase in the percent of visits from search as a result of this change.